Popular Posts

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Budweiser Touches Hearts


I don't know about anyone else, but I always fall for a touching story. The Budweiser Clydesdale commercial was just that, and I loved it. The commercial may not have been directly about Budweiser's products, but the company name was there. I thought that it was just a fun video to watch!  The song  was perfect, the company's name was everywhere, and it was overall beautiful.
I love the song because it has meaning to me. I grew up hearing this song in the car with my mom and I've always just really adored it. I also think it fits the story in this commercial pretty well.
"Well I've been afraid of changing ‘cause I 
Built my life around you.
But time makes you bolder
Children get older and I’m getting older too"

Awwww! How cute is that!? He built his life around raising the young horse and then both of them grew up and apart. Makes me want to cry, not even joking...Oh Budweiser you know how to really make an impact!

Then on a serious note, I do believe that Budweiser did an excellent job at making sure their name was  in this commercial while not making it seem forced down our throats. For example, the man raising the horse was always wearing a Budweiser hat, even three years after the horse left! Now that's some Budweiser commitment there, wearing that same hat everyday for three years! (Well it never says everyday but I'm going to assume!) Anyway, then he's drinking a Budweiser beer, as he sees that the Budweiser Clydesdales were coming to Chicago. It's a good way to advertise in the commercial without it seeming to pushy...it's just in there.

The overall touching story then wraps everything up! When the horse saw him at the end at the parade, I was just smiling ear to ear! And then he ran after the man! Oh my goodness! That is just the big ending that made me want to cry! They were both reunited, and the man sat there hugging his horse in the middle of the street, wearing his hat, Stevie Nicks singing away, and I fell in love with the commercial!  

That is how they do it ladies in gentlemen! Don't get sucked in like I did with a cheesy love story! That is what they want! So tell me below if you were a sucker like I was and loved the commercial! What did you love about it? The song? The horse? Everything?! I'd love to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment